The pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff.
1. Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
2. Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
3. Visit members and prospects.
4. Conduct counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals, baptisms, baby christening, and ordination of deacons and ministers.
5. Serve as chairperson of the Church Leadership Team to lead in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the church ministries.
6. Work with deacons, church officers, and committees/teams as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead the deacons in their ministry.
7. Act as a moderator of church business meetings.
8. Cooperate with association, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational development; represent the church in civic matters.
9. Serve as chief administrator of the paid church staff; supervise the work of the staff.
10. Conduct bible study, and any educational program consistent with biblical teaching and spiritual growth.
All applicants must provide the following information:
a. Letter of Intent (Cover Letter)
c. Copy of Ministerial License
d. Sealed college transcripts
e. Sealed Official Verification of Theology training/Degree
f. Completed Application
g. Three (3) letters of recommendation (2 clergy, 1 personal)
h. Other information/items may be required throughout the interview process
Final candidates shall consent to a reference check, a full background check including criminal history, a drug test, and credit check. These checks will be performed by an outside agency for complete confidentiality.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation, including salary, and other benefits will be offered consistent with candidate’s experience and the Shiloh Baptist Church compensation guidelines. All applications must be postmarked by September 24, 2021.
To apply please feel free to send an electronic copy of your qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also mail your completed packet to:
Shiloh Baptist Church/C/o Pastoral Search Committee
P.O. Box 2410
McDonough, Georgia 30253
*If applicable, please attach or provide links to at least three sermons.